Sunday 21 July 2013

Sewing Project 1 - Stripy Maxi Skirt

So, I finally got my sewing machine out and I haven't even blogged about it. I'm annoyed with myself as I completed this at the end of May!

I am incredibly proud of myself; getting in contact with +Jennie Caminada, going fabric-buying crazy and finally, producing a finished garment.

Jennie came over for a lesson, teaching me how to become independent with my machine.


I have created a Craftsy profile  , bought a few classes and gotten going from there. 


My first project from the Sewing with Knits class led me to make my very own maxi skirt! The class itself is a bit monotonous but the patterns are great and easy to use. I bought my fabric from Saeed Fabrics in Walthamstow for £2 a metre.

The finished result is definite source of pride considering this is the first real thing I have ever made. 


The skirt has had a great response on Craftsy and Google+ sewing community, which has given me enough confidence to keep going with my new-found skill.  I have gone a bit mad with fabric at Saeed Fabrics (I'll post my evidence soon) and am really excited about the end of term to spend more time sewing. 

What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment